8/23/11

Today's Pre-Poo Regimen


As mentioned, today is my Wash Day. Since I found a sulfate shampoo that my hair absolutely loves, I've increased washing my hair from once a month to bi-weekly. As of right now, I use Avalon Organic Lemon Clarifying Shampoo to wash, followed by the Conditioner. But before I even get to those products, I always start with a Pre-Poo.

Now, about two weeks ago was the first time in five months I was actually washing my hair with shampoo, as opposed to doing a ACV Rinse. You can click HERE to read about the first recipe I used when trying out my pre-poo for the first time. This week I decided to switch up my ingredients and try something different. I absolutely hate the smell of Coconut Oil -- well, actually I hate anything with coconut -- so my first recipe although it turned out wonderful & my hair loves Coconut Oil, I hated the smell. So I knew that would be the ingredient to replace this week. So here's the new recipe I tried, and so far love! Plus it has a way better smell. :)

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup of EVOO 
  • 1/4 cup of Vatika Oil 
  • 2 tsp of Honey
Mix the ingredients in a small plastic bowl with spoon. Place in microwave for 30 seconds. Since I used honey in this recipe, I figured it was best to moisturize my hair slightly before applying the mix. So I used my spritz bottle (Purified Water + Aussie Moist Conditioner) to dampen my hair slightly, not to the point where it was soaked -- just evenly moisturized all over. I part my hair in four sections with my fingers, and apply the oil mix starting from the scalp and work my way down to the ends. Make sure the mixture is evenly distributed throughout your hair -- from scalp to ends (especially the ends!) before applying a plastic cap. Go about your business, leaving the plastic cap on for anywhere from 2-4 hours, or more if desired. 

1 comment: