8/8/11

The Benefits of Oil Rinsing


Ever since I picked up my first batch of oils last week, I've just been looking for different ways to implement them into my everyday life. One way I've started doing this is by incorporating oil rinses into my weekly hair regimen. Not only is oil rinsing great for cutting down (and in some cases eliminating) single strand knots, but it also helps replenish moisture lost from shampooing; leaving your hair soft, shiny and extremely manageable. Oil rinsing is a simple step you can add in-between shampooing or conditioning and only takes about 5-10 additional minutes.

Some of the benefits of oil rinsing include:

  • Helps hair retain more moisture
  • Erases the detangling process
  • Adds mega shine
  • Helps prevent knotting, tangles and matting

To Oil Rinse, follow these simple steps:

  • Shampoo your hair
  • Add about 1/4 cup of your favorite oil thoroughly throughout your hair
  • Leave in for about 2-3 minutes
  • Rinse out thoroughly with warm water (Don't use cool for this process, as the warm water ensures that all traces of oil are removed)
  • Condition hair as usual

Rich Nourishing Oils:

  • Coconut Oil: Softens the hair, delivers nutrients to the follicles, helps correct issues with dandruff and psoriasis
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Ultra hydrating, this oil nourishes, softens and improves the elasticity of your hair
  • Castor Oil: Another extremely hydrating oil, it also helps remove impurities from your scalp and hair shaft. Castor Oil also nourishes your follicles promoting healthy hair growth.


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to incorporate Coconut oil rinsing in my wash regimen. Thank you for sharing...#naturalhair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely with this process. It is definitely something that I incorporate into both my daughter and my own hair routine.

    ReplyDelete