8/6/11

DIY: Rejuvenating Hair Spritz


Last night, after my wonderful trip to Whole Body by Whole Foods I came home and begin working on my own homemade spritz that I decided I'd share with you guys. I needed something that would be able to moisturize my hair, as well as eliminate the itchy scalp I sometimes experience periodically throughout the day.

Ingredients (I mixed this into a 4 fl. oz bottle, so let's just say the bottle equals 100%)

  • 30% (About 1 oz.) of Purified Water 
  • 60% of Jojoba Oil 
  • 10% of Avocado Oil 
  • 10 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil 
Anytime I mix water & oil together, I always start with the water since it sits while oil rises to the top. Pour in your water, followed by jojoba & avocado oil. Make sure the drops of Eucalyptus are the last ingredients you add. Shake well. Keep in mind, since this spritz contains water & oil, you'll always have to shake well first before using. 

Now, the Eucalyptus Oil is really what makes this spritz rejuvenating. Because of the strong minty smell, I decided to only use this as an oil massage for my scalp at night and a quick spritz in the morning, when first waking up. Last night, I rubbed this on my scalp for about 5 minutes, massaging it thoroughly & I absolutely loved the shine it gave my hair while giving my scalp this great tingly sensation, which really had me totally relaxed in time for bed. 

Nonetheless, give it a try if you're interested & let me know what you think! 

1 comment: