8/3/11

I'm Turning Into A Product Junkie?!


Last night, my boyfriend & I decide to relieve ourselves of our graphic design duties and walk to pick up dinner from my once newly favorite spot Buffalo Cantina. I say once favorite because as of this morning, my stomach seems to no longer agree with their Buffalo wings. Nonetheless, once we ordered our food we had about 10 minutes to waste. Back in February, Hana Natural, a 24 hour organic deli and grocery store opened right in our neighborhood. Since it's practically next door to Buffalo Cantina, my boyfriend & I decided to aimlessly walk around the place to waste time. Now, we go in this store often -- but it's more of a go in, get what you need and get out type ordeal.

Last night was the first night we actually went down each aisle & browsed everything they had to offer. Within the first aisle, I was already getting excited as I stumbled across their wide variety of flours. I know you're thinking flour.. who gets excited over flour? Well, I do when I've been recently looking for more recipes to try that included flours I never heard off like glycerin flour. I actually was amazed at how many different flours there were. Going down the next aisle, I got even more excited when I saw their variety of different oils. As of right now, I only use EVOO in my hair & have been wanting to experiment with other oils such as grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, peppermint oil.. and now here they were right in front of me. Although I can probably and more than likely will get them cheaper than what Hana Natural had to offer, I may just get it so I can incorporate it into my everyday cooking.

Now, you guys can only imagine how excited I was to find out I can get all my natural hair ingredients within two blocks away from my apartment -- even if it is a bit pricely. It's only two blocks away. What really had me sold was when we browsed the final aisle that was stocked with natural hair care products and I stumbled across the brand Avalon Organics. What I loved instantly about this brand was that there products are mostly organic. No Synthetic Fragrances, Phthalates, Parabens or Sulfates. I've been in search of a good shampoo to use for a while now & the Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo caught my eye. Not willing to pay $11 for an 11 oz. bottle, I just left it on the shelf and was determined to find the product cheaper. Once I got back in, after my dinner, I searched the Internet & found the Avalon Organics product I was looking for for only $5.77 online at VitaCost.com. I couldn't beat that price, so with that being said.. not only did I purchase my Lemon Clarifying Shampoo, but I purchased 4 of their other conditioners that I'm so excited to try. So for a total of $33.84 (including shipping), I am now waiting on the following to be delivered:
  • Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo w. Shea Butter Oil -- 11 fl. oz.
  • Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Conditioner  -- 11 fl. oz.
  • Avalon Organics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Treatment Conditioner with Beta Glucan and Babassu Oil -- 11 fl oz.
  • Avalon Organics Olive and Grape Seed Moisturizing Conditioner -- 11 fl. oz.
  • Avalon Organics Peppermint Revitalizing Conditioner with Babassu Oil -- 11 fl. oz.
I ordered them real late last night, but it should ship today so I should have it by Friday - Saturday & then the party over hair shall begin! I'll keep you guys posted!


Have you ever used Avalon Organic Products? How was the outcome? Would you recommend it?

No comments:

Post a Comment