8/3/11

Carrega's Corner: The Rootine

By Christina Carrega


Wake up early in the morning, take out the twist. Come home after work, put in the twist. Tip-toe into the house after 4am from a night out at the club, put in the twist.

Seems like no matter what time I wake up or go to sleep, the number one thing I try to take care of first for the following day is, my hair.

I've never went to bed with my hair undone, unless of course, its the night before I plan to completely wash it.

When I first moved in with my significant other, he use to think I was crazy to do my hair after pulling a double-overnight shift at work.

I was CRAZY tired, but had to put the twist in because I know I would pay for it the next day.

Working in any profession where you are subjected to talking to different people everyday, calls for your appearance to always be up to par.

Could you imagine me approaching you at a crime scene with jacked up hair?

I'd probably never get the quotes I need and that's the last thing that any journalist should have to deal with.

I wonder if any other Double Strand Twist Row wearers have this same struggle.

Is there a better routine or another hairstyle I can experiment with?

2 comments:

  1. try pineapple-ing. it's a very loose messy bun at the top of the head, just so the hair doesn't get tangled while sleeping. take it down and shake it out in the morning. the curls will be a bit more stretched than the day before, but it beats having to detangle and twist all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definiately try this method, because when I use to come home at all ours of the night for work. I'd be braiding in vombie mode, lol. Thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete