8/5/11

The Beginning of a Product Junkie


While waiting for all my Avalon Organic products to arrive, I felt like I wanted to incorporate some new ingredients into my regimen ASAP. So my boyfriend and I went out to the city in search of oils. We first stopped by The Vitamin Shoppe (on W 21st & 6th) only to find out that they don't sell oils in that particular store. But luckily the guy redirected me to Whole Body by Whole Foods (on W24th & 7th).


Whole Body is a sub division of Whole Foods dedicated to any and everything pertaining to your whole body from vitamins to hair care to candles. I was excited walking into the place -- it smelled absolutely wonderful & just seemed like a #NaturalHair haven. So after about 30 minutes of browsing and my boyfriend waiting patiently I gathered all the oils I was going to incorporate into my hair regimen. So for the total of $53.74 I walked out with these 6 items:
  • Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil, 4 fl. oz - $10.99
    • Jojoba oil is the best oil for hair care because it is capable of balancing the sebum present in the skin. Its chemical structure resembles the natural skin oil called sebum, produced by the sebaceous glands. Sebum lubricates the skin, hair, and scalp. It benefits hair by encouraging hair growth and protecting and shielding hair.
  • Aura Cacia Avocado Natural Skin Care Oil, 4 fl. oz - $9.35
    • Avocado oil is loaded with nutrients, amino acids, and essential fatty acids. It supplies the hair with vitamins A, B, D, and E. It is particularly useful for chemically treated and damaged hair.
  • Essential Oil 100% Pure Eucalyptus Oil, 2 fl. oz - $5.99
    • Eucalyptus Oil is great for dandruff and stimulating hair growth, as well as increasing the elasticity of hair. This can make your hair stronger and more resistant to hair breakage and split ends.
  • Biotin 10,000mcg Maximum Strength, 100 tabs - $11.99
    • Biotin is an important B-vitamin that provides dietary support for healthy hair and nail as well as energy production. By supporting the matrix of hair and nails, Biotin promotes shiny, lustrous hair and strong, resilient nails. 
  • Organic Coconut Oil, 16 fl. oz - $9.49 
    • Coconut oil comes from a coconut. Regular use of coconut oil ensures that your scalp free of dandruff, lice, and lice eggs. It also aids in the regrowth and nourishment of damaged hair.
I'm so excited, especially about these Biotin pills. I just have to take one a day, so I'll take it in the morning with my Birth Control. I've heard some great things about taking Biotin, so I figure I'll give myself the next 100 days to see if it really works. Nonetheless, I'll be giving you new recipes that I try. 

What are some products you've purchased recently? 

3 comments:

  1. Since becoming natural over a year ago i've learned that i am a product junky but i love it, i've always loved trying new things and it doesn't stop from there!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my small chop this past Feb and since then, i have been trying my hardest not to be a product junkie LOL...however... that failed LOL. I have found myself researching products and then sticking to at least a couple of them for my regimen. I totally know what you were going through in the store! LOL Don't leave me alone in a beauty supply LOL or Target at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't leave me in Target. I'll by everything, not including hair products lol. This was really the first set of products I've purchased since I did my Big Chop & I'm hooked. :D

    ReplyDelete