8/19/11

Carrega's Corner: Work It Out!

By: Christina Carrega


While I was in my doctor's office, I couldn't help but notice the advisory screen that showed "how to take care of relaxed hair while exercising."

As you may recall, one of my previous post discussed about my day at the gym observing my relaxed and processed hair sisters with their silk hair scarves on and moving two miles per hour to prevent from sweating.

Well, according to the educational video at the doctor's office, the instructor said that they should wear the silk scarf, but immediately after an intense work out, to blow dry the scarf while its still on your hair. They continued to say that while the scarf and your hair is sweaty that blow drying it IMMEDIATELY will prevent from the relaxed hair from sweating out.

After watching this video, I had to do more research and I found that if you spray moisturizing oil sheen on your wrapped hair after the workout then blow dry it, it will give you the same results.

So, my relaxed sisters in the gym CAN get a full workout and not have to worry about their hair messing up afterwards as long as they follow the after-workout regime.

Still sounds like a lot to deal with especially if your gym isn't equipped with such amenities.

Overall, I'm glad to know that there is at least one method out there that they can use which will continue to encourage a healthier lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment