9/23/11

You Are Not Alone

By: Kydee Williams


Before I went natural I was lost. I had a head full of damaged hair and I was too ashamed to even ask for help because I believed no one would understand. After I was exposed to the wonders of natural hair blogs, Youtube and Tumblr I witnessed a sea of woman who were extremely open about their hair journeys and the horrible mistakes they made. I saw women with short hair like mine and long hair like I aspired mines to be. I watched numerous videos of ladies shaving their hair off and rocking baldheads or Caesars. These brave individuals were not making video blogs of their big chops or taking pictures of their monthly hair growth only for themselves. They were doing it to encourage and restore faith in Natural Hair Growth! I finally trusted that I was not alone. I look at women with a head full of curly kinks that are as fierce as they want to be and I am INSPIRED!

What form of inspiration keeps you going through your Natural Journey? Was there ever a point where you felt you had no one to talk to about the ups and downs of your natural hair? 


Follow POH on Twitter | Like POH on Facebook | Subscribe to POH on YT

2 comments:

  1. While looking at the blogs/Youtube channels of natural hair "celebs" (think kimmaytube, naptural85, nikkimae2003, all of whom i love) and natural hair tumblrs is certainly inspiring, what gets me through my natural hair journey are my real life natural friends, who can commiserate with me in real time over dryness, detangling and hair that just refuses to cooperate that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look fab on you- so thick and luscious, sure the clips were not showing at all. impressive youMelbourne hair could just get up and go with them.

    ReplyDelete