9/28/11

The Benefits of Bananas for Hair


I did my first banana DC this week using banana baby food + EVOO + honey. Left it on for a couple of hours and when I rinsed it out I was totally amazed at just how awesome my hair felt. It had an awesome shine to it, felt soft as ever and added volume to my hair. Needless to say, I'm definitely going to be doing this DC biweekly. I wanted to share with you ladies the benefits of using bananas for the hair. I know when I first became natural I saw a lot of recipes that included using a banana but never had a full understanding of why.

Bananas are rich in potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates and vitamins that help in softening the hair and protects the hair's natural elasticity preventing split ends and breakage. Bananas when used for hair has a number of benefits such as it creates manageability, shine, growth and controls dandruff. These are simply the best for hair and the scalp.

Bananas enhance the strength, endurance and shine of the hair. Bananas are full of vitamins and is a number one ingredient for strengthening and volumizing the hair. It helps in repairing dry and sun-damaged hair. The damages that are caused to the hair by exposure to the dirt, pollution and other environmental toxins can be treated with the banana mask. It helps in protecting the hair from further damage. The vitamin B helps in the prevention of split ends. The type of hair that is suitable for this treatment are dry hair, dyed hair and for hair after perm. It also serves as an excellent treatment for addressing the problem of dandruff and is helpful in retaining moisture on your scalp.

What are some hair recipes you do that include bananas? 


Follow POH on Twitter | Like POH on Facebook | Subscribe to POH on YT

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I'm definitely gonna try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this info. Definitely adding this to my hair regimen.

    ReplyDelete