9/28/11

Protective Style Regimen for the Fall


I decided instead of wearing my Beshe lacefront wig as my Protective Style for the Fall, I was going to get Senegalese Twist instead. I won't be getting those twist until November or whenever the real cold weather kicks in--which ever happens first. Until then I figured I'd just rock out with my Twist Outs, playing around with pinning the sides down occasionally.

A few days ago, I decided to see if my hair was long enough to finally try the Bantu Knots. I had already stocked up on bobby pins so I figured I had nothing to lose. A good 15 or so bobby pins later, I had managed my first bantu knots. The next morning as soon as I woke up I took out the bobby pins & took out the knots and fell in love. The bantu knot out make my hair much fuller!

Last week I went about nearly 14 days without washing my hair. The only product I used was DIY Haircare's Mango & Apricot Hair & Body Butter & it didn't weigh down my hair or making it feel greasy. It was moisturized at all times so I just kept going each day without washing. I figured I could start training my hair for my Senegalese Twist as I don't be washing it as often either.

Nonetheless, until November hits I've figured out my whole Protective Style Regimen for the Fall:
  • Co-wash + DC Weekly. Co-wash with Avalon Organics Strengthening Peppermint Conditioner followed by a Banana DC (1 sm. jar of Banana Baby Food + 1-2 Tbsp. EVOO + 1 Tbsp. Honey) that I leave in for about 3-4 hours. 
  • Two Strand Twist for 3 Days. Usually starting on Sundays, right after rinsing out the DC & applying my leave in & oils, I will use my DIY Haircare Butter & two strand twist on soaking wet hair. Twist out each morning. Re-twist at night using the DIY Haircare Butter. 
  • Hot Oil Massage Weekly. Usually will combine some of my oils but will always include Eucalyptus oil in the mixture. Microwave for about 11 seconds & massage on my scalp. 
  • Bantu Knots for 3 Days. After three consecutive days of wearing twist outs, my curls are pretty stretched. So for the next three days, I have fuller bantu knot outs. I have some nights where I just put on my satin scarf & fluff my hair out the next day.
  • Shampoo monthly. Pre-poo regimen followed by shampooing with Avalon Organics Clarifying Lemon Shampoo & DC with the conditioner + oils that I leave in for about 3-4 hours. 


What Protective Style are you wearing & what's your Fall Regimen?

Follow POH on Twitter | Like POH on Facebook | Subscribe to POH on YT

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get your oils? Eucalyptus sounds right on time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get all my oils from Whole Food or their supplement store called Body by Whole Foods!

    ReplyDelete