9/14/11

All About Bentonite Clay


I've been hearing more and more about Bentonite Clay & after seeing some in Whole Foods, I'm considering purchasing it. From what I've been reading, Bentonite Clay is great for not only your hair, but your skin as well. Bentonite Clay is packed with over 70 naturally occurring trace minerals that when mixed with water, swells and draws out dirt, oils, toxins and any other impurities like a sponge. This alone basically had me sold, especially when it comes to my skin. 
  • Bentonite Clay is excellent for rejuvenating & cleansing the skin. Topical applications are helpful for acne, eczema, psoriasis, rashes, wound healing and help draw poison from ant, bee, wasp and similar bug stings and bites. It draws excess oils and debris to the surface, boosts circulation to tighten the skin and stimulate blood flow and whisk away dead skin cells that can clog pores. 
  • Bentonite Clay can be applied topically to skin and wounds or taken orally to draw toxins and impurities out the body quickly. It removes poisons and intestinal parasites out of the intestinal tract while alkalizing the body. 
  • Bentonite is a swelling clay. When it is mixed with water, it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. From here the toxins are drawn into the sponge through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound. 
  • Bentonite Clay may also be used like a shampoo, trapping and removing dirt, debris, build up and other particles from your hair & scalp. 
I've come across several different DIY recipes I will be sharing with you ladies using Bentonite Clay for your hair, face & body. I will be going back out to Whole Foods this week and purchasing a bottle, or getting it from my best friend. I'm more tempted to try this on my skin then anything. I have heard nothing but great reviews from it from other natural hair ladies, as they mention their hair is usually easier to tangle, softer & shinier after using the Bentonite so I am excited to try.

Have you used Bentonite Clay for your hair & skin? Did you love the results? 


Follow POH on Twitter | Like POH on Facebook | Subscribe to POH on YT

No comments:

Post a Comment