9/4/11

DIY: Brown Sugar Scalp Scrub


I'm always looking to try new pre-poos now that I wash my hair more. I've had great experience with just my oil pre-poos & now I'm looking to expand. While on NaturallyCurly.com I stumbled across this basic pre-poo scalp scrub that I am definitely going to try this week on my wash day. I may modify it adding more oils but I feel this is a great recipe to start with.

This easy head scalp scrub removes excess, oil and impurities, removes dead skin cells and improves circulation.

Ingredients
  • 2-3 tbsp. of Brown Sugar 
  • 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil 
In a small bowl mix ingredients. Add enough sugar to make a thin paste Do not heat the oil as this will melt the sugar. Wet hair in shower.If you have styling products in hair, apply a little conditioner to make hair more pliable, rinse. Take a heaping scoop of the scrub and apply to scalp, separating hair to reach entire scalp. In circular motion, scrub the scalp with the mixture for 5 minutes. Rinse well, then shampoo and condition hair as normal.

For those of you that would like to try a similar recipe that you can incorporate into you co-wash, be sure to check out the DIY: Brown Sugar Honey Scalp Massage.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try this, but I'm not good with scrubs lol.

    ReplyDelete