9/21/11

5 Hair Products That Saved My Life When I BCed


It seems like as each day passes, more & more ladies are joining the natural hair community and going through with their Big Chop. I've been giving some tips to those newly naturals via Twitter & other hair forums, but I figured it would just be best to write up a post of the products that definitely helped me through the first few months of my TWA. I tried to keep my regimen as simple as possible so I could really learn about my hair. It wasn't until my fifth month in of being natural that I started experimenting with more products & oils. So below are the 5 products that I still use that just helped me deal with that dry hair that some may experience when first going natural:
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil - This was the first oil I started using on my hair mainly because it was easily accessible -- it's always in my kitchen. I mixed this with some purified water & had created my first spritz. My hair absolutely loves EVOO & it works absolutely wonderful for maintaining moisture. 
  • Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner - I absolutely love this product. This product leaves my hair feelings amazingly soft & moisturized. Check out the product review HERE
  • Aussie Moist Conditioner - This was the only conditioner I used for the first five months of my natural hair journey. Although it does contain silicones (Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone), this conditioner helped me combat my extremely dry hair. During the spring & summer months, I'd cowash daily with the Aussie Moist & my hair truly appreciated it. Check out the product review HERE
  • Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel - Although, I'm not a big fan of this product nowadays (only use it only my edges now) -- it definitely came in handy when I had my TWA. I would apply this last on my wash & goes & it would definitely make my curls pop. I also loved it because it helped with shrinkage. Check out the product review HERE
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk - This product was my go to when I decided to start trying out two strand twist. I'd use the Conditioning Milk to moisturize my two or three day hair. This would keep my hair moisturized for hours & was definitely my savior during those dry summer months that just passed. Check out the product review HERE
What are some hair products you use that have 'saved' your life? 


Follow POH on Twitter | Like POH on Facebook | Subscribe to POH on YT

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie? Which do you prefer? That or the milk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried it. Always wanted to. Will definitely try it in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to read your review on it once you try it. I have mixed feelings about it...

    ReplyDelete