7/29/11

Summer 2011 Hair Regimen


Between my hair starting to grow out & the high temperatures we've been facing this summer, I had to modify my hair regimen from the spring when I was sporting my new TWA. So here's my modified Summer 2011 Hair Regimen that keeps my hair moisturized & protected from the harsh summer heat.
  • Co-wash: Instead of co-washing daily like I did in the Spring, I now co-wash about 2-3 times a week using Aussie Moist Conditioner. Once I finish co-washing my hair I apply Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner
  • Deep Condition: I do a regular deep condition about once a week -- I like to usually get this done on a Tuesday -- using Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak. As of lately, I've been experimenting with homemade deep conditions so I've been using the Organic Root Stimulator every other week almost. 
  • Daily Moisture: For daily moisture, I use Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk along with my homemade Spritz that is a mixture of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), Purified Water, Vitamin E Oil & a few drops of Honey
  • Nightly Routine: I tend to two strand twist my hair at night using either Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Style Coniditioning Milk, Kinky Curly Original Curling Custard or nothing being as the moisture that I put in my hair earlier during the day is still holding strong. 
  • Shampoo: I have yet to shampoo my hair since I've gone natural. I wouldn't recommend this for most, but for my hair it seems to be growing just fine without it. So instead of using shampoo when I feel its time to completely wash my hair, I do an Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) wash. As far as brand of Apple Cider Vinegar, I just picked up the store brand at my nearest C Town. 
Whats your Summer Hair Regiment? 

3 comments:

  1. wait, so u don't actually use shampoo? what do u do with the vinegar? do you just put it on and rinse it out or do you let it sit? i stopped perming 2 years ago but t his is all still new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chonte' --
    As of right now I haven't found.. or really even bothered experimenting with any shampoo. So as of right now when I feel that my hair would need a good washing with shampoo I'll do the ACV wash, which I currently use as a rinse after co-washing my hair! Check out the Hair Q&A topic -- I wrote more about the ACV in that post!

    Hope this helps!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!! i have all this curly hair now but i have no idea what im supposed to be doing to it!! thanks alot :)

    ReplyDelete