7/26/11

DIY: Honey Brown Sugar Scalp Massage


Today I really have been looking for articles & recipes geared towards the scalp. Whereas, I used to neglect my scalp before I now realize keeping it moisturized & clean promotes for great hair growth. Nowadays, I can't keep my hands out my hair & try to give myself a scalp massage every chance I get, usually without oils -- anytime I put my hand in my hair, after briefly playing with the curls I do give myself a quick hair massage. Nonetheless, I stumbled across this hair recipe from K is for Kinky, which is filled with great articles & homemade recipes. Definitely going to give this a try tonight! The results to come soon!

By Kurlybella of K is for Kinky

You’re going to think that you are supposed to eat this but I don’t think you should. Though the idea of a scalp massage may seem foreign to you, don’t worry, it makes your scalp feel so good. I suggest using a finely ground brown sugar and to rub the scalp very softly.

Ingredients:

  • 4 tbsps of brown sugar
  • 2 tbsps of your favorite conditioner (You can also substitute yogurt, shea butter, mango butter or coconut milk)
  • 1 tbsp honey

Mix together and apply to scalp. Massage to remove buildup and impurities. Rinse thoroughly.
This works sooo well for hair that has buildup – you know, when you scratch your scalp and you have gunk that comes off in your fingernails? It helps to clean the scalp without stripping it and making it feel tight and dry.

1 comment: