7/26/11

Carrega's Corner: Hairy Asses

By Christina Carrega


Nothing makes my blood boil more than ignorance and uneducated comments from people who think they are making a statement to try and be funny or sound politically correct.

On Twitter:
"Whatsup with everyone going natural... If my boo cut her hair its over."

On Facebook: 
"I wanna kno if I'm wrong! My girl! Says she's cuttin her hair! Sooo I said no! I Iike long hair! So she said she's gonna do it anyways! So I said go ahead cuz u won't be seen with me if it looks bad! Only @ nights.. And she's dead tight @ me..smh I can't win..."

Both of these horrendous comments received heavy comment traffic, of course, the Facebook one was more of a discussion since you can type more than 140 characters, but come on men.

What's up with men and hair?

Is it really a big deal if their girlfriend decides to do anything with their body? Well, first of all, if you ain't put on a ring on it then shut up and even if they did take those vows, still shut up.

Its just hair! Hair that will grow back.

Making the decision to go natural or cutting your hair shouldn't have to become a Who wants to be a Millionaire? debate or the final answer on Jeopardy. No life line should be used or a pact should be made with friends. Its not only corny, it makes the woman look co-dependant and not an independent that she should strive to become or claim to be.

Honestly, if my boyfriend, husband, fiancé ever fixed his mouth to threaten our relationship over some hair, that just shows me where his head was at in this relationship -- non-existent.

No comments:

Post a Comment