10/25/11

Carrega's Corner: Humidity Got Me!

By: Christina Carrega

On vacation with natural hair, my ultimate fail.

Most people would think this is the easiest type of hair to deal with because it doesn't mind jumping in the water and or doing the "wet and go" look everyday.

But, silly, unfortunate, me I went to a very humid island without any of my anti-humidity conditioners! So even when I set my hair into the double strand twist with the Miss Jessie's Curling Pudding or Baby Butter, the humidity attacked it and made my locks lay flat as a pancake. I even thought my Tresseme hair gel was going to rescue me, but it got too sticky and practically pulled my hair out after a long day.

I was upset until I looked for my hair accessories.

Flower clips, head ties and huge buns helped me get through the vacation.

I learned for future trips to squeeze a good amount of any of the Garnier Anti-Humidity products into a 3 ounce bottle. Or try to get sample packs like I did for the Miss. Jessie's items.

What other styles, techniques or products do you try to bring with you when you're miles away on vacay?



Follow POH on Twitter | Like POH on Facebook | Subscribe to POH on YT

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog I think its absolutely adorable!
    I too suffer from humidity frizz lol


    WWW.nappyheads.net

    ReplyDelete